Paris is incredible. For those of us who don’t live in Paris, we imagine or remember this city as one embodied by art, culture, romance, mystery, beauty, and sophistication. While I know this doesn’t describe the full reality of Paris, I’m content with letting it live on this way in my memory.
Things I liked about Paris:
- Real boulangeries
- Real cafes
- Pretty much every street and its buildings
- The Metro (locals might dislike it, but they probably haven’t seen what Seattle has/doesn’t have to offer)
- The architecture
- The way most locals dress
- Vélib’ (even though I didn’t use it)
- Delicious kebab au frites
Things I didn’t like about Paris:
- The herds of tourists who weren’t my friends and me (selfish, I know)
- Feeling like I wasn’t good enough for Paris (self-conscious, I know)
I’ll be visiting Paris again soon, and I’m sure I’ll return with even more photos. Until then, enjoy these pics from 2008! Happy unMonday!